Thursday, December 31, 2009
And of course, Taylor the idiot even disagrees...but look how dumb and clueless she looks...she should be in the dictionary under 'airhead.' How do these people become so naive and stupid?
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Why is Obama still in Hawaii? Michelle on the airline bomb plot: Why isn’t Obama back in Washington? If this were President Bush....?
Michelle Malkin is pretty awesome. If only every single American who voted for Obama could read her best selling book 'Culture of Correction,' they would see the real 'hope and change' they voted for and realize just how dumb they used to be...
Five days after the Christmas Day bomber tried to blow up NWA Flight 253 over Detroit, President Obama is still on vacation in Hawaii. He has delivered two hasty, tie-less statements on homeland security from a makeshift podium in Honolulu whose underwhelming sum impact has been the equivalent of voting “present” (Obama’s career m.o.) By his own admission and in direct contradiction to his hapless DHS Secretary, the president acknowledged yesterday that “systemic failure” led to the breach.
Obama is not scheduled to return to Washington until Sunday. That’s four more full days of reinforcing his image as detached, aloof, and too damned tired to tackle the jihadi epidemic with the once-hyped energy and passion of a 48-year-old Super-Agent of Hope and Change.
Team Obama’s stage managers and image gurus are all about symbolism. Wouldn’t the president send a more credible message to jihadi plotters around the world (and to Americans) by cutting his holiday break short and getting back to work in the White House, rather than by phoning it in for the next four days?
And how many more tropical paradise pow-wows and basketball games with his Chicago cronies Valerie Jarrett, Marty Nesbitt, and Eric Whitaker does he need, anyway?
On Terrorism it's Time to Know, to Profile, and to Discriminate. Our Politically Correct Government is Making Life More Miserable For the Innocent
After the Christmas Day near disaster in Detroit, it is time for Americans to demand effective anti-terrorist actions.
Over eight years after 9/11 and 30 years after the Iranian illegal seizure of the United States embassy and the 444 day Iranian hostage crisis, Washington is still avoiding being intellectually honest about the war we are in.
America is long overdue for a serious global strategy that includes targeting threats such as the terrorist killer at Fort Hood, the individuals recently arrested in Detroit, Denver and New York, and the five Americans detained in Pakistan.
The scale, persistence and sophistication of the enemy requires an honesty, a clarity, and a scale appropriate to the response. READ MORE...
NOTE- According to liberals, it's only okay to profile when you want to hire someone for a job. It's okay to profile and discriminate when it comes to affirmative action where the goal is to, 'keep the white man down,' and make the workplace resemble a 'rainbow,' but NOT okay to profile when it comes to airport security which could prevent hundreds of Americans from having their limbs dropping from 35,000 feet... .
Remember, liberals are people who think it's OKAY to kill an innocent baby (even with tax dollars) by piercing their skull with scissors as the baby squirms in severe pain, BUT giving a violent murderer the death penalty by a injecting a little needle in the arm, is 'cruel and unusual punishment.' Any individual who rapes a little girl and buries her in a shallow grave after slaughtering her to death with a hammer, should NOT have to suffer according to liberals..(Until it happens to one of their daughters or nieces that is..)
These liberals are people who are all for choice when it comes to gay marriage and abortion, both of which a majority of Americans are against, but when it comes to the right to bear firearms, they don't want anyone owning one.. (Except criminals, which liberals always seem to sympathize with.)
Again, the mind of a liberal.. A mental disorder with no cure in sight...
President makes Top 10 list of corrupt politicians. Believes he 'can violate privacy rights of Americans' without legal consequence...
President Obama has been named to a "Top 10" list he'd likely be grateful to avoid: Judicial Watch's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians," for 2009.
"The Obama White House believes," said the report from the organization that monitors government for corruption, and sues when it chooses, "it can violate the privacy rights of American citizens without any legal consequences or accountability."
The report released yesterday said Obama joined the likes of Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass.; Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner; Attorney General Eric Holder; House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa.; and Sen. Christopher Dodd, D-Conn., on the list.
"Even before President Obama was sworn into office, he was interviewed by the FBI for a criminal investigation of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's scheme to sell the president's former Senate seat to the highest bidder," the report said.
"Moreover, the Obama administration made the startling claim that the Privacy Act does not apply to the White House. The Obama White House believes it can violate the privacy rights of American citizens without any legal consequences or accountability," the report said. READ MORE...
NOTE- We started 'IdiotsForObama.Com' because we always knew that a corrupt, incompetent, radical, compulsive lying liberal Senator from Chicago would make a terrible President. Well, now the blind and dumb 'sheep' now know what we were talking about...
The Obama 'zombies' went around wiping the drool off their chin about how cool Obama was and that he was going to 'change and hope' and 'hope and change' and 'yes we can' and so far it's been 'NO HE DIDN'T,' he just made it WORSE.
It's funny to see dumb liberals running around talking about just how stupid George Bush was, how much of an idiot Sarah Palin is and Michele Bachman (a tax attorney) being called a 'crazy' bitch, yet these same morons seem to have their mouths duct taped when you mention the names, 'Frank, Dodd, Pelosi, Obama, Rangel, Biden, Schumer, Reid and Murtha.'
Are there any conservatives on that list? Hmmm, we see one RINO and nine liberal democrats. There's a lot of jackasses on that list..
It's why we call Obama supporters BIG FAT 'idiots.'
Liberals are so predictable. We already know what the liberals defense is going to be for the 'Judicial Watch' list of top 10 corrupt politicians, nine of them democrats...
'They're a right wing website!'
Again, 'liberals in denial.' Some sheep will continue to be sheep, some will continue to be idiots, and some will actually wake up and be outraged that a community organizer conned them into their vote. That's an insult and a slap in the face. We hope more people wake up and realize that democrats are no longer democrats. They are corrupt, dishonest, progressive liberal scum and bad for America.
Merry Christmas Fannie & Freddie. The Obama Administration tried to bury some big news over Christmas weekend. Most of the media missed it.
Three of the top five most corrupt, deceptive scumbags in America who are responsible for the record speed decline of America.
by John Stossel
The Obama Administration tried to bury some big news over Christmas weekend and most of the media missed it. Economist Alex Tabarrok at Marginal Revolution caught this story in the Christmas Day edition of the Washington Post:
The Obama administration pledged Thursday to provide unlimited financial assistance to mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, an eleventh-hour move that allows the government to exceed the current $400 billion cap on emergency aid without seeking permission from a bailout-weary Congress.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac disclosed that they had received approval from their federal regulator to pay $42 million in Wall Street-style compensation packages to 12top executives for 2009.
By promising to keep the companies solvent, the government can maintain its sweeping power over the housing market. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have played a central role in Obama administration policies to keep mortgage interest rates low, restructure unaffordable mortgages, stop foreclosures and funnel money to housing programs around the country.
Earlier this month, Obama gave a stern talking to the big banks, demanding that they increase lending and curtail bonus payments. Apparently, they haven’t been following Obama’s script by boosting lending in gratitude for having bailouts forced on them. Fannie & Freddie's executives, however, they have been good little boys & girls and did exactly what they were told…so naturally, President Santa Claus rewarded them with the gift of bonuses and unlimited financial assistance from taxpayers.
It's worth remembering that just a few years ago, Fannie and Freddie CEO Franklin Raines promised: "It is private capital that is at risk, not the taxpayer's…. We do not receive a nickel of federal money."
Politicians lapped it up.
"I think Fannie and Freddie over the years have done an incredibly good job and are an intrinsic part of making Americans the best-housed people in the world."
– Chuck Schumer, Senate Subcommittee on Banking Hearing, April 6, 2005
"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis…. The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."
– Barney Frank, New York Times, September 11, 2003
Reminds me of things politicians say now. Like last week, when Obama called the Senate health care bill "the largest deficit reduction plan in over a decade."
Give me a break.
Where is the Secretary of State? Hillary Clinton Has Gone AWOL on the Iranian Front. Iran Trying to Smuggle 1,350 Tons of Raw Uranium! Hellooo?
The White House should send a search party to track down Hillary Clinton. America’s foreign policy chief has been missing from the world stage for several days, and has become as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel at the height of the French Revolution. I wrote earlier in the year that Clinton had become the invisible Secretary of State, and her current absence certainly reinforces that impression.
One would have thought that with a potential revolution on the streets of Tehran, and with scenes of horrific and savage brutality against protesters by the Iranian regime, that Washington’s official voice on international affairs might at least have expressed an opinion. Even Barack Obama took time away from the golf course in Hawaii to comment (albeit rather weakly) on the latest developments in the Middle East’s biggest power, which included over 1,500 arrests by the brutal Iranian security forces and Revolutionary Guards, and the murder of at least ten dissidents.
I’m not aware however of a single statement from a senior official at the State Department on the latest situation in Iran – a disgraceful state of affairs and a huge abdication of responsibility. READ MORE...
Iran Trying to Smuggle Raw Uranium
What Recession? Michelle Obama Wears $635 Shoes on $4000 Per Night Hawaii Vacation. You pay for it...Idiot...
Barack Obama enjoys living like a king, so why shouldn't Michelle Obama live like a queen?
The First Lady was photographed last night in Hawaii wearing $635 per pair designer shoes by Maison Martin Margiela.
The shoe style is called "Leather open toe flat pumps." It features a "thin nude leather strap across the top of the toe."
A woman lucky enough to have a job in this economy and working for the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour would have to work 88 hours (without taxes taken out) to make enough to pay for Michelle Obama's shoes. If she can get them on sale, they would only set her back $445 for 62 hours work.
The Obamas are staying at an $8.9 million estate for an estimated $4000 per night. To cover the Obama's ten night stay, the minimum wage worker would have to work two-and-a-half years (before taxes) to come up with the $40,000 Obama is reportedly laying out.
Obama has lectured Americans about how they can not expect to live their lives as indulgently as they have in the past. He has lectured businesses about their travel and pay. Yet Obama and his wife live like kings and queens.
The news media has yet to call him out on his extravagance when there is 10% unemployment with no sign of the employment picture improving this coming year.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
President Obama Calls Suspect 'Isolated Extremist,' But Al Qaeda Claims Credit. Then Claims Bush's Outdated Security System Failed! WTF?!?
Skip to 4:27 to listen to this 'embarrassment of a President' call the terrorist an 'isolated extremist.' Remember, Obama knows that millions of Americans are dumb as shit; look how many people voted for a stuttering bullshitter and community organizer they knew nothing about with a shady past and a man who had terrible character.
How much longer will these 'sheep' continue to let Obama insult the one ounce of intelligence 'left' in them?
In his second statement in two days on the Christmas Day terrorism scare, President Obama said today that he wants preliminary findings from reviews of terrorist watch lists and passenger screening by Thursday, and said that it's clear that the current security system is "not sufficiently up to date."
"A systemic failure has occurred and I consider that completely unacceptable," he told reporters who are with him in Hawaii for his family holiday.
The president said early findings have already made clear that there are "deficiencies" in the security system built since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks that could have led to a "catastrophic" incident. READ MORE...
Press Office 202-646-5172, ext 305
Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released its 2009 list of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians.” The list, in alphabetical order, includes:
1. Senator Christopher Dodd (D-CT): This marks two years in a row for Senator Dodd, who made the 2008 “Ten Most Corrupt” list for his corrupt relationship with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and for accepting preferential treatment and loan terms from Countrywide Financial, a scandal which still dogs him. In 2009, the scandals kept coming for the Connecticut Democrat. In 2009, Judicial Watch filed a Senate ethics complaint against Dodd for undervaluing a property he owns in Ireland on his Senate Financial Disclosure forms. Judicial Watch's complaint forced Dodd to amend the forms. However, press reports suggest the property to this day remains undervalued. Judicial Watch also alleges in the complaint that Dodd obtained a sweetheart deal for the property in exchange for his assistance in obtaining a presidential pardon (during the Clinton administration) and other favors for a long-time friend and business associate. The false financial disclosure forms were part of the cover-up. Dodd remains the head the Senate Banking Committee.
2. Senator John Ensign (R-NV): A number of scandals popped up in 2009 involving public officials who conducted illicit affairs, and then attempted to cover them up with hush payments and favors, an obvious abuse of power. The year’s worst offender might just be Nevada Republican Senator John Ensign. Ensign admitted in June to an extramarital affair with the wife of one of his staff members, who then allegedly obtained special favors from the Nevada Republican in exchange for his silence. According to The New York Times: “The Justice Department and the Senate Ethics Committee are expected to conduct preliminary inquiries into whether Senator John Ensign violated federal law or ethics rules as part of an effort to conceal an affair with the wife of an aide…” The former staffer, Douglas Hampton, began to lobby Mr. Ensign's office immediately upon leaving his congressional job, despite the fact that he was subject to a one-year lobbying ban. Ensign seems to have ignored the law and allowed Hampton lobbying access to his office as a payment for his silence about the affair. (These are potentially criminal offenses.) It looks as if Ensign misused his public office (and taxpayer resources) to cover up his sexual shenanigans.
3. Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA): Judicial Watch is investigating a $12 million TARP cash injection provided to the Boston-based OneUnited Bank at the urging of Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank. As reported in the January 22, 2009, edition of the Wall Street Journal, the Treasury Department indicated it would only provide funds to healthy banks to jump-start lending. Not only was OneUnited Bank in massive financial turmoil, but it was also "under attack from its regulators for allegations of poor lending practices and executive-pay abuses, including owning a Porsche for its executives' use." Rep. Frank admitted he spoke to a "federal regulator," and Treasury granted the funds. (The bank continues to flounder despite Frank’s intervention for federal dollars.) Moreover, Judicial Watch uncovered documents in 2009 that showed that members of Congress for years were aware that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were playing fast and loose with accounting issues, risk assessment issues and executive compensation issues, even as liberals led by Rep. Frank continued to block attempts to rein in the two Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs). For example, during a hearing on September 10, 2003, before the House Committee on Financial Services considering a Bush administration proposal to further regulate Fannie and Freddie, Rep. Frank stated: "I want to begin by saying that I am glad to consider the legislation, but I do not think we are facing any kind of a crisis. That is, in my view, the two Government Sponsored Enterprises we are talking about here, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not in a crisis. We have recently had an accounting problem with Freddie Mac that has led to people being dismissed, as appears to be appropriate. I do not think at this point there is a problem with a threat to the Treasury." Frank received $42,350 in campaign contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac between 1989 and 2008. Frank also engaged in a relationship with a Fannie Mae Executive while serving on the House Banking Committee, which has jurisdiction over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
4. Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner: In 2009, Obama Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner admitted that he failed to pay $34,000 in Social Security and Medicare taxes from 2001-2004 on his lucrative salary at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), an organization with 185 member countries that oversees the global financial system. (Did we mention Geithner now runs the IRS?) It wasn’t until President Obama tapped Geithner to head the Treasury Department that he paid back most of the money, although the IRS kindly waived the hefty penalties. In March 2009, Geithner also came under fire for his handling of the AIG bonus scandal, where the company used $165 million of its bailout funds to pay out executive bonuses, resulting in a massive public backlash. Of course as head of the New York Federal Reserve, Geithner helped craft the AIG deal in September 2008. However, when the AIG scandal broke, Geithner claimed he knew nothing of the bonuses until March 10, 2009. The timing is important. According to CNN: “Although Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner told congressional leaders on Tuesday that he learned of AIG's impending $160 million bonus payments to members of its troubled financial-products unit on March 10, sources tell TIME that the New York Federal Reserve informed Treasury staff that the payments were imminent on Feb. 28. That is ten days before Treasury staffers say they first learned ‘full details’ of the bonus plan, and three days before the [Obama] Administration launched a new $30 billion infusion of cash for AIG.” Throw in another embarrassing disclosure in 2009 that Geithner employed “household help” ineligible to work in the United States, and it becomes clear why the Treasury Secretary has earned a spot on the “Ten Most Corrupt Politicians in Washington” list.
5. Attorney General Eric Holder: Tim Geithner can be sure he won’t be hounded about his tax-dodging by his colleague Eric Holder, US Attorney General. Judicial Watch strongly opposed Holder because of his terrible ethics record, which includes: obstructing an FBI investigation of the theft of nuclear secrets from Los Alamos Nuclear Laboratory; rejecting multiple requests for an independent counsel to investigate alleged fundraising abuses by then-Vice President Al Gore in the Clinton White House; undermining the criminal investigation of President Clinton by Kenneth Starr in the midst of the Lewinsky investigation; and planning the violent raid to seize then-six-year-old Elian Gonzalez at gunpoint in order to return him to Castro’s Cuba. Moreover, there is his soft record on terrorism. Holder bypassed Justice Department procedures to push through Bill Clinton’s scandalous presidential pardons and commutations, including for 16 members of FALN, a violent Puerto Rican terrorist group that orchestrated approximately 120 bombings in the United States, killing at least six people and permanently maiming dozens of others, including law enforcement officers. His record in the current administration is no better. As he did during the Clinton administration, Holder continues to ignore serious incidents of corruption that could impact his political bosses at the White House. For example, Holder has refused to investigate charges that the Obama political machine traded VIP access to the White House in exchange for campaign contributions – a scheme eerily similar to one hatched by Holder’s former boss, Bill Clinton in the 1990s. The Holder Justice Department also came under fire for dropping a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party. On Election Day 2008, Black Panthers dressed in paramilitary garb threatened voters as they approached polling stations. Holder has also failed to initiate a comprehensive Justice investigation of the notorious organization ACORN (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now), which is closely tied to President Obama. There were allegedly more than 400,000 fraudulent ACORN voter registrations in the 2008 campaign. And then there were the journalist videos catching ACORN Housing workers advising undercover reporters on how to evade tax, immigration, and child prostitution laws. Holder’s controversial decisions on new rights for terrorists and his attacks on previous efforts to combat terrorism remind many of the fact that his former law firm has provided and continues to provide pro bono representation to terrorists at Guantanamo Bay. Holder’s politicization of the Justice Department makes one long for the days of Alberto Gonzales.
6. Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL)/ Senator Roland Burris (D-IL): One of the most serious scandals of 2009 involved a scheme by former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to sell President Obama’s then-vacant Senate seat to the highest bidder. Two men caught smack dab in the middle of the scandal: Senator Roland Burris, who ultimately got the job, and Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. According to the Chicago Sun-Times, emissaries for Jesse Jackson Jr., named "Senate Candidate A" in the Blagojevich indictment, reportedly offered $1.5 million to Blagojevich during a fundraiser if he named Jackson Jr. to Obama's seat. Three days later federal authorities arrested Blagojevich. Burris, for his part, apparently lied about his contacts with Blagojevich, who was arrested in December 2008 for trying to sell Obama’s Senate seat. According to Reuters: “Roland Burris came under fresh scrutiny…after disclosing he tried to raise money for the disgraced former Illinois governor who named him to the U.S. Senate seat once held by President Barack Obama…In the latest of those admissions, Burris said he looked into mounting a fundraiser for Rod Blagojevich -- later charged with trying to sell Obama's Senate seat -- at the same time he was expressing interest to the then-governor's aides about his desire to be appointed.” Burris changed his story five times regarding his contacts with Blagojevich prior to the Illinois governor appointing him to the U.S. Senate. Three of those changing explanations came under oath.
7. President Barack Obama: During his presidential campaign, President Obama promised to run an ethical and transparent administration. However, in his first year in office, the President has delivered corruption and secrecy, bringing Chicago-style political corruption to the White House. Consider just a few Obama administration “lowlights” from year one: Even before President Obama was sworn into office, he was interviewed by the FBI for a criminal investigation of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich’s scheme to sell the President’s former Senate seat to the highest bidder. (Obama’s Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel and slumlord Valerie Jarrett, both from Chicago, are also tangled up in the Blagojevich scandal.) Moreover, the Obama administration made the startling claim that the Privacy Act does not apply to the White House. The Obama White House believes it can violate the privacy rights of American citizens without any legal consequences or accountability. President Obama boldly proclaimed that "transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency," but his administration is addicted to secrecy, stonewalling far too many of Judicial Watch's Freedom of Information Act requests and is refusing to make public White House visitor logs as federal law requires. The Obama administration turned the National Endowment of the Arts (as well as the agency that runs the AmeriCorps program) into propaganda machines, using tax dollars to persuade "artists" to promote the Obama agenda. According to documents uncovered by Judicial Watch, the idea emerged as a direct result of the Obama campaign and enjoyed White House approval and participation. President Obama has installed a record number of "czars" in positions of power. Too many of these individuals are leftist radicals who answer to no one but the president. And too many of the czars are not subject to Senate confirmation (which raises serious constitutional questions). Under the President’s bailout schemes, the federal government continues to appropriate or control -- through fiat and threats -- large sectors of the private economy, prompting conservative columnist George Will to write: “The administration's central activity -- the political allocation of wealth and opportunity -- is not merely susceptible to corruption, it is corruption.” Government-run healthcare and car companies, White House coercion, uninvestigated ACORN corruption, debasing his office to help Chicago cronies, attacks on conservative media and the private sector, unprecedented and dangerous new rights for terrorists, perks for campaign donors – this is Obama’s “ethics” record -- and we haven't even gotten through the first year of his presidency.
8. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA): At the heart of the corruption problem in Washington is a sense of entitlement. Politicians believe laws and rules (even the U.S. Constitution) apply to the rest of us but not to them. Case in point: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her excessive and boorish demands for military travel. Judicial Watch obtained documents from the Pentagon in 2008 that suggest Pelosi has been treating the Air Force like her own personal airline. These documents, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, include internal Pentagon email correspondence detailing attempts by Pentagon staff to accommodate Pelosi's numerous requests for military escorts and military aircraft as well as the speaker's 11th hour cancellations and changes. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also came under fire in April 2009, when she claimed she was never briefed about the CIA's use of the waterboarding technique during terrorism investigations. The CIA produced a report documenting a briefing with Pelosi on September 4, 2002, that suggests otherwise. Judicial Watch also obtained documents, including a CIA Inspector General report, which further confirmed that Congress was fully briefed on the enhanced interrogation techniques. Aside from her own personal transgressions, Nancy Pelosi has ignored serious incidents of corruption within her own party, including many of the individuals on this list. (See Rangel, Murtha, Jesse Jackson, Jr., etc.)
9. Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) and the rest of the PMA Seven: Rep. John Murtha made headlines in 2009 for all the wrong reasons. The Pennsylvania congressman is under federal investigation for his corrupt relationship with the now-defunct defense lobbyist PMA Group. PMA, founded by a former Murtha associate, has been the congressman's largest campaign contributor. Since 2002, Murtha has raised $1.7 million from PMA and its clients. And what did PMA and its clients receive from Murtha in return for their generosity? Earmarks -- tens of millions of dollars in earmarks. In fact, even with all of the attention surrounding his alleged influence peddling, Murtha kept at it. Following an FBI raid of PMA's offices earlier in 2009, Murtha continued to seek congressional earmarks for PMA clients, while also hitting them up for campaign contributions. According to The Hill, in April, "Murtha reported receiving contributions from three former PMA clients for whom he requested earmarks in the pending appropriations bills." When it comes to the PMA scandal, Murtha is not alone. As many as six other Members of Congress are currently under scrutiny according to The Washington Post. They include: Peter J. Visclosky (D-IN.), James P. Moran Jr. (D-VA), Norm Dicks (D-WA.), Marcy Kaptur (D-OH), C.W. Bill Young (R-FL.) and Todd Tiahrt (R-KS.). Of course rather than investigate this serious scandal, according to Roll Call House Democrats circled the wagons, "cobbling together a defense to offer political cover to their rank and file.” The Washington Post also reported in 2009 that Murtha’s nephew received $4 million in Defense Department no-bid contracts: "Newly obtained documents…show Robert Murtha mentioning his influential family connection as leverage in his business dealings and holding unusual power with the military.”
10. Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY): Rangel, the man in charge of writing tax policy for the entire country, has yet to adequately explain how he could possibly "forget" to pay taxes on $75,000 in rental income he earned from his off-shore rental property. He also faces allegations that he improperly used his influence to maintain ownership of highly coveted rent-controlled apartments in Harlem, and misused his congressional office to fundraise for his private Rangel Center by preserving a tax loophole for an oil drilling company in exchange for funding. On top of all that, Rangel recently amended his financial disclosure reports, which doubled his reported wealth. (He somehow “forgot” about $1 million in assets.) And what did he do when the House Ethics Committee started looking into all of this? He apparently resorted to making "campaign contributions" to dig his way out of trouble. According to WCBS TV, a New York CBS affiliate: “The reigning member of Congress' top tax committee is apparently ‘wrangling’ other politicos to get him out of his own financial and tax troubles...Since ethics probes began last year the 79-year-old congressman has given campaign donations to 119 members of Congress, including three of the five Democrats on the House Ethics Committee who are charged with investigating him.” Charlie Rangel should not be allowed to remain in Congress, let alone serve as Chairman of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee, and he knows it. That’s why he felt the need to disburse campaign contributions to Ethics Committee members and other congressional colleagues.
NOTE- NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NY Times, where are you?
Monday, December 28, 2009
Senate Democrats to W.H.: 'Drop cap and trade.' This SHOULD bury every Democrat and Republican who supported this SCAM. Americans should be OFFENDED..
Bruised by the health care debate and worried about what 2010 will bring, moderate Senate Democrats are urging the White House to give up now on any effort to pass a cap-and-trade bill next year.
“I am communicating that in every way I know how,” said Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.), one of at least a half-dozen Democrats who've told the White House or their own leaders that it's time to jettison the centerpiece of their party's plan to curb global warming.
The creation of an economywide market for greenhouse gas emissions is the heart of the climate bill that cleared the House earlier this year. But with the health care fight still raging and the economy still hurting, moderate Democrats have little appetite for another sweeping initiative — especially another one likely to pass with little or no Republican support.
“We need to deal with the phenomena of global warming, but I think it’s very difficult in the kind of economic circumstances we have right now,” said Indiana Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh, who called passage of any economywide cap and trade “unlikely.” READ BILL...
NOTE- These politicians who supported 'cap and trade' should still pay for trying to push this through. This is a huge ponzi scheme and a scam and these politicians had to know that. Even when 'Climategate' was exposed, they were silent!
These politicians expected YOU to pay higher energy prices, gas prices, taxes, and change your lifestyle so they can benefit from it financially. Find out if your Congressman and Senator supported 'cap and trade' and let them know why you will not be voting for them in 2010.
WND (World Net Daily) is the top news site for the most accurate and honest news that most of the mainstream media wouldn't dare report. Visit WND.com if you want the truth.
As it does every year, WND is inviting readers to submit their candidates for the most "spiked" stories of the year in Operation Spike!
At this time, news organizations prepare their year-end retrospective replays of what they consider to have been the top news stories of the previous 12 months. But WND's editors have always found it more newsworthy to publish a compilation of the important stories most ignored by the establishment press.
WND Editor and CEO Joseph Farah has sponsored "Operation Spike" every year since 1988, and since founding WorldNetDaily in May 1997 has continued the annual tradition. For the past 11 years, WND has invited its readers to join in and submit what they considered the most underreported stories of the past year.
Last year, WorldNetDaily's "readers' choice" picks for the 10 most underreported stories of 2008 were:
1. Charges that Barack Obama is not a natural born citizen of the U.S. and thus constitutionally ineligible to serve as president
2. U.S. Senate committee report that hundreds of top scientists have testified they believe claims of man-caused global warming are fraudulent
3. The true causes of the sub-prime mortgage meltdown, which point directly to the Democratic Party
4. Obama's ties to terrorists and extremists
5. The campaigns of third-party presidential candidates, and Ron Paul's sensationally successful grass-roots campaign
6. The stunning success of the Iraq war
7. The sources of Obama's campaign contributions
8. Obama's far-left voting record
9. Bush's refusal to pardon imprisoned border agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, who were prosecuted by the president's friend, U.S. Attorney Johnny Sutton
10. Suppression of Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders' film, "Fitna," which exposes the worldwide threat from Islam
Just think....if NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN and newspapers were doing their job, our economy would be on the rebound, we wouldn't be in 20 trillion dollars of debt, we wouldn't have passed the health care bill which will destroy our great health care and raise taxes, and we wouldn't have 18% unemployment (10% if you believe the fake number) and best of all, we wouldn't have an incompetent, radical community organizer as our President.
A President who surrounds himself with other incompetent academia radical liberals who have never worked in the private sector or created a job, who are advising Obama on the economy and jobs. Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barbara Boxer, Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer, Dick Durbin and other corrupt liberal democrats would be losing their elections in landslides in 2010 and people like Charlie Rangel and Chris Dodd would be in jail.
At least we still have FOX News, WND, HotAir, Drudge Report, Newsbusters, talk radio...and other outlets which is why most of the liberal rag newspapers are broke and left-wing news networks like NBC have terrible ratings...GOOD!
DRUNK IDIOT WITH POWER: Democrat Max Baucus's Drunken Speech Of Lies, Deception and Blame Under Fire. Listen to this MORON on the House Floor - VIDEO
A speech by Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) on health care has been generating buzz on the Internet, as the Drudge Report and others are suggesting that Baucus was slurring his speech and possibly "intoxicated" during his remarks.
"DRUNK WITH POWER? TOP DEM SLURS ON SENATE FLOOR ..." reads the Drudge Report headline.
Newsbusters.org writes: "How can one explain this incredibly bizarre performance by Max Baucus on the Senate floor? Was Baucus so intoxicated by the sound of his own voice that he went off the deep end? Or perhaps he was so drunk with power over shaping the Senate health care bill that it explains his strange rant."
On his Facebook page, former Rep. Mark Foley commented on the video: "This is the senator that hired his staffer and then took her on trips ... and divorced his wife ... and they had me run out of town."
NOTE- It's people like Max Baucus, Harry Reid, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Allen Grayson and the congressional black caucus of 'dummies' among other nitwits in congress who represent the now-socialist democratic party.
These people are total MORONS who have a ton of power. It makes you wonder why Americans continue to vote for these corrupt, incompetent, white collar criminals who contribute to the downfall of America every single day they show up for work.
They do NOT represent the American people. They do NOT represent the poor, the middle class, or minorities, women and children; they USE them and screw them.
What's even more sad is that we pay their salaries to work for everyone BUT us!
The next time this drunk slurs on about the Republicans, he should check his own disgusting corrupt party of democrats who would NOT include the Republicans on any talks about health care. The Republicans have a health care proposal. Maybe if the scumbag Democrats didn't lock them out of the meetings, and didn't hold secret meetings behind closed doors at 1am and on Christmas eve etc...the Republicans MIGHT of improved the Democrats SHITTY health care bill that most Americans don't want.
The real reason Max Baucus is doing this IS because he KNOWS in 2010, when people finally see what's REALLY in this health care bill, they will vote the Democrats out. So these liberal democrats do what they do best. They go in to 'ATTACK MODE' and lie, smear and distort.
It's reason 2,178 we despise liberal democrats. They're idiots..
BOLD INSULT? DC Mayor Fenty to sign same-sex marriage bill at church in NW D.C. Black community outraged..
'Yaaaayyyyyy... It'sss Party Time!"
Mayor Adrian M. Fenty will sign legislation Friday to legalize same-sex marriage in the District at a bill-signing ceremony so historic that his staff scrambled to find the perfect location Thursday.
Would it be All Souls Unitarian Church, a Northwest house of worship known for its diversity, liberalism and welcoming of same-sex couples? Would it be Covenant Baptist Church, a predominantly black church in Southwest where husband-and-wife team of Dennis and Christine Wiley serve as co-pastors and support gay marriage? Or would it be a secular site? READ MORE...
NOTE- We're glad that bankrupt DC has their priorities straight. With all of the crime, poverty, slums, ghettos, failing public schools and a high black population who is anti-gay marriage and pro-religion, the Mayor has the nerve to sign a gay marriage bill in a church. The DC mayor obviously knows he has a city full of 'dumb voters.' Good Video Below- Black caller on Savage talking about 'down low brothers' and the black conservative community against gay marriage..
Leftist Blogs Take Glee in Pope Attack . More Evidence That 'Liberalism' is a True Mental Disorder...
It was only minutes after Pope Benedict XVI was violently attacked on Christmas Eve by a woman described by authorities as mentally deranged, but leftist blogs lit up with joy over the assault.
The Daily Kos’s “Late Afternoon/Early Evening Open Thread,” for example, featured this posting at 8:10 PM Eastern Time: “Having just about enough of this male dominance bull---t, one bold Italian woman ran up and knocked down the Pope and a Cardinal!”
The woman, Susanna Maiolo, 25, was actually Swiss-Italian, and while the Pontiff himself came out of the episode unhurt and able to complete his celebration of Midnight Mass, 87-year-old French Cardinal Roger Etchegaray was left with broken bones requiring hip replacement surgery.
The comments that soon appeared on blogs known to be critical of the social teachings of the Catholic Church were so harsh that even fellow bloggers of similar ideological bent were outraged.
In a Dec. 26 a Daily Kos article entitled “Anti-Catholicism,” a “former Republican” Catholic woman and “forester/biologist” from the Deep South wrote, “I logged onto HuffingtonPost.com and read about the Pope getting knocked over by a mentally disturbed woman.
While several people pointed out the Pope’s age and how this could have easily resulted in a broken hip, many more rejoiced in the event.” One blogger’s “attack on Catholicism and Catholics was met with near universal approval within the HuffingtonPost community.” READ MORE...
Berkeley High School. Can you just imagine the volume of idiots in the hallways of Berkeley High? From the classrooms to the teachers lounge...
Berkeley High School is considering a controversial proposal to eliminate science labs and the five science teachers who teach them to free up more resources to help struggling students.
The proposal to put the science-lab cuts on the table was approved recently by Berkeley High's School Governance Council, a body of teachers, parents, and students who oversee a plan to change the structure of the high school to address Berkeley's dismal racial achievement gap, where white students are doing far better than the state average while black and Latino students are doing worse.
Paul Gibson, an alternate parent representative on the School Governance Council, said that information presented at council meetings suggests that the science labs were largely classes for white students. He said the decision to consider cutting the labs in order to redirect resources to underperforming students was virtually unanimous. READ MORE...
NOTE- Can you imagine if the high school eliminated their basketball program because it benefited blacks? Umm...probably not happening..
Remember, these are usually the guilty white liberals who do things like this, not blacks. So direct your anger towards the self-loathing, spineless white liberals who create racism by doing stupid things like this that make no sense at all. It's almost as if white liberals are saying blacks are too stupid to learn science or even be interested in science. Are we wrong?
Texas Spends Upwards of $2M in Stimulus Cash to Caulk Seven Homes!!! These are YOUR Tax Dollars! WTF?!? Where's the OUTRAGE? We Found Some...
Obama says 'Caulk is sexy.' It's because liberals are always 'sexy' (and generous) with other peoples money. What does Bob think about this? See video below...
Bob is awesome! Every American with a job should be just as outraged as Bob is..Somehow we get the feeling that Bob is NOT a democrat..
Come on now, in a way, it is kinda funny..lol..
Protests Outside Obama's $8.9M Vacation Compound. Right and Left-Wingers Protest the Compulsive Lying President
HONOLULU -- Two separate groups of protesters on Saturday rallied outside the entrance to the Kailuana Place vacation compound in Kailua where President Barack Obama is staying for the holidays.
One group opposed the U.S. being at war. The other was against federal funding being included in health care reform legislation being negotiated in Congress. "The health bill that will be presented to Obama -- if it contains any monies directly or indirectly for abortion, we are begging the president to veto it," protester Gary Boisclair said.
Several families from around the island held signs with a strong message. "It's personal to us because as you can see, we have a baby and every baby deserves to live," North Shore resident Gwen Seely said.
The protests provoked reactions from drivers passing by. Some were in support of the rallies, while others yelled at the protesters to leave Obama alone. See Pictures-Click Here...
We're still waiting for a video of 'southside' Chicago's Michelle Obama taking off her big shoe and running down the driveway towards protesters... Photo taken from Maxim magazines Top 100 Hottest women of the year. We're NOT kidding. It's why we cancelled our subscription...
Barack Obama tried to outdo John McCain on porkbusting during the general election campaign in 2008, promising to use his veto pen as often as possible to end earmar abuse by Congress. What kind of grade should Obama get for 2009 on pork? While Obama gives himself a “good, solid B-plus” overall, one long-time critic of Congressional earmarking gives Obama a failing grade. And that doesn’t come from McCain, but from one of Obama’s former Democratic colleagues on Capitol Hill:
Fiscal hawks in Congress say President Barack Obama hasn’t followed through on a pledge to lower federal spending on local projects.
Earmarks are expected to total nearly $12 billion in fiscal 2010, according to fiscal watchdog groups. While that number is less than the $15 billion total in 2009, lawmakers from both parties said Obama hasn’t kept up the kind of pressure he showed during his first weeks in office or that he promised as a candidate.
Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) said Obama made earmark reform “a very big part of [his] campaign” but still signed this month two massive spending measures that both included approximately $4 billion in earmarks.
Feingold, who broke with his party to oppose both the $447 billion 2010 omnibus spending bill and the $636 billion 2010 Pentagon spending bill, said the president could have used his veto pen to reject the measures and force lawmakers to cut earmark funding. READ MORE...
VIDEO- 400 Illegals Walk Into U.S In Just 2 Months. Homeland Security Beast Janet Napolitano Says Border Security Adequate....
Just think....every single day you go to work, you put in some labor not just for YOUR family, but for all of these illegal immigrants coming across our borders. You pay for their babies, their hospital bills, their education, their welfare, their lawyers when they commit crimes, their incarceration, their groceries etc...and it's getting worse.
Forget for a minute the almost one trillion dollars a year taxpayers foot for illegal aliens. About 24 American citizens every single day are killed by illegal aliens. Twelve are violent murders and 12 are drunken driving deaths caused by illegal aliens. There's countless rapes, assaults, burglaries and robberies that are committed by illegals every single day on American citizens. The liberals response to this statistic (fact) is usually, 'so what, people in America do it too.'
Yes, that's the mind of a retarded liberal... Liberals still can't define the word 'illegal' unless it has to do with law abiding citizens carrying handguns to protect themselves..
According to liberals, it's okay to let people into this country who we know nothing about, can't speak the language, don't understand our laws and like liberals, don't understand the U.S Constitution..
Remember, liberals think that illegals coming to the U.S and cutting lawns and becoming career cleaning ladies are just in search of the American dream. Give us a break...
We do have one great idea called the 'liberal-illegal alien exchange' program.
Since most progressive liberals don't like America, they can leave right away on a taxpayer funded one way ticket to any other country they choose, as long as they are not permitted to return to the U.S. In exchange we keep one illegal, make him or her a U.S citizen, teach them English, the law of the land and the U.S Constitution, conduct a background check and physical examination and when it's all said and done, that illegal will be a proud, productive, educated, informed, patriotic American citizen. In other words, 'opposite of a liberal.'
This would work out great as we could get rid of Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, Alec Baldwin, Janeane Garofalo, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Moore, Danny Glover, Keith Olbermann, Kerry Underwood, P-Diddy, Nancy Pelosi, Van Jones, Barack Obama and other people who are hell bent on contributing the the 'change' of America.
That would be awesome!
Video: Abdulmutallab warns “more like me” coming to America. "Hey Obama, how is that 'apologizing' working out for ya?"
More good news on the terrorism front, this time from ABC’s Brian Ross, who reports that Umar Abdulmutallab says “more like me” will be coming to the US. Al-Qaeda has launched a new offensive against the US using the international air travel system, and that the US has not completely grasped the significance of the attack on Christmas Day. The British seem to have a better handle on it: READ MORE...
These two idiots are in charge of protecting us..oh boy.. Yuck and yuckier...throw in the panties...which one is grosser to look at?
Janet Napolitano has come under heavy criticism for her assertion that “the system worked” after the near-miss attack on Northwest 253, but as the Washington Post reports this morning, the failure didn’t entirely belong to Napolitano. The State Department got a warning from the terrorist’s father that his son was up to no good just a few weeks before the flight from Amsterdam. Not only did State ignore the warning, but the Post reports that ignorance is pretty much the norm: READ MORE...
Now- The Homeland Security Beast Janet Napolitano says the system failed miserably!
Click here to see the video...
The rules on the lists have been in place since 2006. The Obama administration has been in office since January. If the rules on transferring people from watch lists to no-fly lists are a problem, shouldn’t that have been a higher priority than, say, revamping the entire American health-care system or pushing cap-and-trade bills? It seems like a bigger priority than flying to Copenhagen twice and coming home empty-handed both times, once on climate change and once on the Olympics. Of course, Barack Obama doesn’t have to worry about flying with radical jihadis from Nigeria when he travels abroad. Click here for more from HotAir.Com
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Obama Announces Unlimited Fannie-Freddie Bailout Over Holiday. What the hell are these democrats doing?!?
If an administration wanted to pull a fast one on American citizens and keep a move that puts them on the hook for hundreds of billion dollars as quiet as possible while still disclosing it, when would be the best time to take that action? How about an evening when people all across the country turn off their televisions and laptops to spend time with family and friends, celebrating an important religious holiday? Could any President be as calculating and cold-blooded as to do something like that?
The Obama administration’s decision to cover an unlimited amount of losses at the mortgage-finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac over the next three years stirred controversy over the holiday.
Welcome to the new transparency:
The Treasury announced Thursday it was removing the caps that limited the amount of available capital to the companies to $200 billion each.
Unlimited access to bailout funds through 2012 was “necessary for preserving the continued strength and stability of the mortgage market,” the Treasury said. Fannie and Freddie purchase or guarantee most U.S. home mortgages and have run up huge losses stemming from the worst wave of defaults since the 1930s.
“The timing of this executive order giving Fannie and Freddie a blank check is no coincidence,” said Rep. Spencer Bachus of Alabama, the ranking Republican on the House Financial Services Committee. He said the Christmas Eve announcement was designed “to prevent the general public from taking note.”
Treasury officials couldn’t be reached for comment Friday.
Why couldn’t they be reached? Because it was Christmas. The announcement was designed to put them out of reach, just as it was designed to keep the news out of reach from the general public. No one can seriously argue that Treasury and the White House woke up early on Christmas Eve and suddenly discovered a reason to lift the caps on the Fannie/Freddie bailout, after all. This had to be in the works for weeks. However, as the Wall Street Journal also reports, the White House had a deadline for acting unilaterally: READ MORE...
U.S. Move to Cover Fannie, Freddie Losses Stirs Controversy
Friday, December 25, 2009
Yesterday, David discussed the CBO's miscalculation regarding the Senate health care bill. Democrats had been insisting that bill somehow cut the deficit and strengthened Medicare, but as it turns out the CBO had to clarify that the savings of the bill were being double counted. The "savings" the bill produces either have to be applied toward the Medicare trust fund or they have to be put toward the cost of the legislation to make it reduce the deficit by $132 billion over the next ten years. (That's assuming you buy into the shady accounting tricks used to score the bill.) Megan McArdle has a typically astute blog post up discussing the implications all of this. Megan even observes that as recently as Saturday, President Obama was trumpeting the bill's twin achievements of deficit reduction and strengthening Medicare. However, Megan didn't quote Obama in full -- fortunately The American Spectator's Phil Klein did. The entirety of Obama's remarks in the immediate aftermath of Senate Democrats securing finally securing 60 votes to pass their health care bill are worth pondering:
"This bill with strengthen Medicare and extend the life of the program. Because it’s paid for and gets rid of waste and inefficiency in our health care system this will be the largest deficit reduction plan in over a decade. In fact, we just learned from the Congressional Budget Office that this bill will reduce our deficit by $132 billion over the first decade of the program, and more than one trillion dollars in the decade after that." READ MORE...
AP sources: Al-Qaida link in failed plane attack. UPDATE- Homeland Security beast Napolitano: "The system worked- Umm, no it failed miserably" - VIDEO
Maybe Obama will have a beer summit with the suspect or just give him a nice civilian trial in Manhattan to hash things out. Or how about that terrorist rehab class?
A Northwest Airlines passenger from Nigeria, who said he was acting on al-Qaida's instructions, tried to blow up the plane Friday as it was landing in Detroit, law enforcement and national security officials said.
Passengers subdued the man and may have prevented him from detonating the explosives, the officials said.
"We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism," a White House official said.
Federal officials imposed stricter screening measures after the incident.
Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., ranking GOP member of the House Homeland Security Committee, identified the suspect as Abdul Mudallad, a Nigerian. King said the flight began in Nigeria and went through Amsterdam en route to Detroit. There were 278 passengers aboard the Airbus 330.
There was nothing out of the ordinary until the flight was on final approach to Detroit, said Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory. That is when the pilot declared an emergency and landed without incident shortly thereafter, Cory said in an e-mail message. The plane landed at 11:51 a.m. EST.
One of the U.S. intelligence officials said the explosive device was a mix of powder and liquid. It failed when the passenger tried to detonate it. READ MORE...
UPDATE- The Homeland Security Beast Janet Napolitano said the System Worked!
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Sunday that the thwarting of the attempt to blow up an Amsterdam-Detroit airline flight Christmas Day demonstrated that "the system worked."
Asked by CNN's Candy Crowley on "State of the Union" how that could be possible when the young Nigerian who has been charged with trying to set off the bomb was able to smuggle explosive liquid onto the jet, Napolitano responded: "We're asking the same questions."
Napolitano added that there was "no suggestion that [the suspect] was improperly screened."
Listen to the 'beast' explain in the video below how the system worked 'after the incident.' She had to throw that in there. This woman is a total idiot and another terrible liberal anti-American Obama appointee..
From HotAir- Napolitano insisted that the failure of the bomb to explode showed that “the system worked.” I suppose one can make that argument — if one assumes that the system includes allowing a man included on a watch list onto an airplane, allowing his visa to remain in force even after his own father informs the US that he’s become a radical jihadi, assuming that any explosive said terrorist will smuggle onto the plane will fizzle out, and that only quick thinking by the other passengers on the plane kept the jihadi from trying it again while he barbecued his crotch.
Is that the actual system we put in place after 9/11? Because if it is, a lot of heads need to roll, starting with the woman who believes that this near-miss represents a validation of the system. Most of us would prefer to keep the known radical Islamist terrorists off the plane in the first place.
Napolitano’s Chip Diller moment: Video Below
Heckuva job, Jannie!
Update: The terrorist was on a watch list, not a no-fly list — which prompts a question of why DHS and State didn’t have the terrorist on a no-fly list in the first place.
Update II: Rep. Peter King (R-NY) blasts Napolitano’s statement:
NOW Janet Napolitano agrees that the system failed miserably! Video Below..
Just blame Bush. Democrat voters ARE that stupid enough to also believe that it's all Bush's fault. Just like the housing collapse, right? = idiots..
Watch The Decline: The Media Lowlights Of 2009 From 'Accuracy In Media' (AIM.org)
Climate "scientists" are about as trusted as used-car salesmen or congressmen these days thanks to the beating their profession has taken in the "ClimateGate" scandal. But give the alarmists their due: They know how to hide the decline.
Their friends in the media, on the other hand, are not quite so skilled at chicanery. The press practices plenty of sniper journalism, the kind that kills unaware readers and viewers from afar. But journalists attack in the open often enough that Americans can watch the decline of the Fourth Estate in all of its embarrassing glory.
They had a lot to watch in 2009 -- a year marked by the media's anointed leader moving into the White House, liberals ascending to one-party control of Washington and, to hear journalists report it, an angry mob of dangerous extremists daring to reject the hope-and-change narrative.
There were so many media lowlights that it's a challenge to pick the best of the worst for a year-end recap, but here goes:
"Teabaggers" everywhere! The mainstream media's abysmal coverage of the "tea party" movement wins the award for media bias of the year hands down.
The movement started with a small protest against the pork-laden stimulus in Seattle on Presidents Day in February but quickly snowballed into a nationwide phenomenon that is still going strong. Journalists diligently suppressed the story for weeks, but when the movement grew despite the attempt to kill it with lack of publicity, the media coverage turned ugly. The most unprofessional, unethical and utterly embarrassing moments included:
Susan Roesgen of CNN berating tea partiers rather than interviewing them during a live report on the Tax Day Tea Party event in Chicago. "Why do you say he's a fascist? He's the president of the United States," she scolded one protester. Her rants were so biased that a former CNN star said Roesgen "crossed a journalistic line." Three months later, she lost her job.
Anchors and media celebrities embracing the term "teabaggers," a vulgar reference to oral sex, as a descriptor for Americans protesting runaway government spending, regulation and inevitable taxation. The Media Research Center documented that episode of decline, including one MSNBC segment where the term was used 51 times, in R-rated detail. Anderson Cooper of CNN issued a phony apology for using the term, but journalists regularly repeated it all year.
MSNBC manipulating video footage of a gun-toting protester to insinuate that the town halls of summer were inciting violence by racists who hate America's first black president. Why edit the video? Because the man toting the gun was black, a fact that would have undermined the story. Journalists largely ignored reports of actual violence by liberal protesters, including the beating of Kenneth Gladney and the finger-chomping of William Rice, for the same reason. READ MORE...
Check out the video below to see PJTV exposes the hypocrisy of the pathetic liberal media in this country. It's why we're here to give you the real news..
Two clips on the theme du jour, one from last night’s Steyn-tastic “Hannity” and the other from this a.m.’s “Fox & Friends.” When you’ve got state governors refusing federal money, House Democrats warning conservatives about buyoffs, 10 Republican attorneys general scrambling to investigate the deal-making, and even bribe-takin’ Ben Nelson suddenly seeing the light about good government, I’d say that Jay Cost’s prediction of a coming Jacksonian moment looks pretty safe. A bill nearly everyone hates + roiling anti-incumbent populist sentiment + loads of sleaze used to grease the wheels for passage = crazy delicious.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Report: Jennings called Falwell 'terrorist.' Gave handouts to kids with explicit drawings. Another leader calls for removal of Jennings.
Reports have been uncovered revealing President Obama's Safe Schools Czar Kevin Jennings once called renowned evangelist Jerry Falwell a "terrorist" and children attending a seminar where he was keynote speaker were given handouts with explicit drawings showing them how to perform various sex acts.
The evidence accumulated about Jennings also has prompted Janice Shaw Crouse of Concerned Women for America, the nation's largest public policy women's group, to join the voices calling for his removal from the Department of Education's Office of Safe Schools.
"Let's go over the specifics: the man charged with making America's public schools 'safe' comes from a career of promoting dangerously violent homosexual activities among children in public schools? The 'safe schools czar' is a man whose major concern is providing condoms to students when they engage in risky behavior with an adult? The 'safe schools czar' – the person overseeing safety in the nation's public schools – is a person whose raison d'être is to promote homosexuality among children and teens?" wrote Crouse, senior fellow at the Beverly LaHaye Institute, the think tank for Concerned Women for America. READ MORE...
NOTE- Obama's czars are full of radical self-admitted Marxists, socialists, communists and even a dangerous homosexual who is leading the 'safe schools' czar! WTF?!?
"Great job Obama! While your patting yourself on the back for making 'tough decisions' (don't laugh, he really did) when you have only made bad decisions and shown terrible judgement, you don't even want to fire this 'weirdo' Kevin Jennings. This is like having a twice convicted child molester as your elementary school principle!"
With a disastrous health care bill that NO ONE wants passing, a 'cap and trade' bill NO ONE wants looming, the democrats ignoring the 'Climategate' scandal which further proves that 'man made' global warming is a hoax, spending trillions of taxpayers dollars to bail out Wall Street and fund ACORN, and the 'culture of corruption' and bribery deals in the democratic party at an all time 'HISTORIC' high; they are becoming the party from HELL.
They should switch from democrats to the 'corruptacrat communist' party. The word 'democracy' and 'democrats' are like oil and water.
Anyone who thinks this 2,000 page bill really has 'health care reform' in it, is an idiot..
While the Senate Democratic caucus pats itself on the back for its “historic” vote this morning, their counterparts in the House have decided to aim somewhat lower. Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), the at-large whip and the chair of the powerful Rules Committee, lets Senate Democrats know in an op-ed in CNN just how “historic” she considers their vote to be:
The Senate health care bill is not worthy of the historic vote that the House took a month ago.
Even though the House version is far from perfect, it at least represents a step toward our goal of giving 36 million Americans decent health coverage.
But under the Senate plan, millions of Americans will be forced into private insurance company plans, which will be subsidized by taxpayers. That alternative will do almost nothing to reform health care but will be a windfall for insurance companies. Is it any surprise that stock prices for some of those insurers are up recently?
I do not want to subsidize the private insurance market; the whole point of creating a government option is to bring prices down. Insisting on a government mandate to have insurance without a better alternative to the status quo is not true reform.
By eliminating the public option, the government program that could spark competition within the health insurance industry, the Senate has ended up with a bill that isn’t worthy of its support.
But — but — but — Harry Reid got cloture! Ben Nelson got big subsidies! Chris Dodd got $100 million for a hospital that no one can identify! Isn’t that historic? READ MORE...
An Analysis of the Senate Democrats' Health Care Bill. You're Going to be Outraged. This Should Bury the Democrats for Good Next Year...
An Analysis of the Senate Democrats' Health Care Bill
by the Staff of the Center for Health Policy and the Staff of the Center for Data Analysis
Abstract: The Senate health care bill would overhaul the entire health care sector of the U.S. economy by erecting massive federal controls over private health insurance, dictating the content of insurance benefit packages and the use of medical treatments, procedures, and medical devices. It would alter the relationship between the federal government and the states, transferring massive regulatory power to the federal government. The bill would also restrict the personal and economic freedom of American citizens by imposing controversial and unprecedented mandates on businesses and individuals, including an individual mandate to buy insurance.
The U.S. Senate is locked in an intense floor debate over the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (H.R. 3590), a massive 2,074-page health care bill that would directly affect every man, woman, and child in the United States. Its enactment would shape the character and quality of life in America for generations to come.
The Senate bill's complex and sweeping provisions would affect virtually every aspect of the huge health care sector of the U.S. economy.
•Like the House bill, it would transfer massive regulatory authority from the states to the federal government and make enormous changes in the nation's health insurance markets;
•It would dramatically alter the financing and content of employer-provided and individual health insurance and significantly change Medicare and Medicaid;
•It would change how hospitals, doctors, and other medical professionals are paid and how physicians and other medical professionals deliver care; and
•It would impose controversial and unprecedented mandates on businesses and individuals, including an individual mandate to buy insurance, thus restricting the personal and economic freedom of American citizens.
In effect, the Senate bill would produce the greatest concentration of political and economic power over one major sector of the U.S. economy in the nation's history.
It is not surprising that the Senate bill is highly unpopular. For ordinary Americans, the legislative process has definitely not been a demonstration of the way a law is made as portrayed in civics textbooks or the kind of rational deliberation envisioned by the Founding Fathers. Surprising provisions, unintended consequences, and unreliable assumptions characterize this proposal. Key provisions, such as the provision of a "public plan" to compete against private health plans, are particularly controversial, and the Senate leadership is rapidly floating and rejecting new schemes to secure the 60 votes necessary to end the debate and quickly pass the bill.
Without the benefit of legislative language, hearings, expert testimony, or committee deliberation and debate, various untested proposals have been floated for press and popular consumption. Writing of the latest scheme to secure a compromise, the editors of The Washington Post noted, "The only thing more unsettling than watching legislative sausage being made is watching it being made on the fly."
Whether you're a Democrat, Republican or Independent, if you want ACCURATE information on what's really in these bills, visit Heritage.org. They are the most reliable resource for information. When the politicians lie and spin to you what's in these bills and what these programs cost, the Heritage Foundation breaks down the real cost, the real numbers and gives you the REAL information the politicians do NOT want you to know about.
The Senate's votes this week on the pending government takeover of health care are highly instructive. With all 60 Democrats voting yes, and all 40 Republicans voting no, the simplistic homily that there is no difference between the parties has now proven to be a very costly fallacy.
This has been a persistent pattern all year. When campaigning for office in 2008, candidate Obama promised the American people a new era of post-partisanship, where he would bring Democrats and Republicans together to solve the nation's problems. There was nothing in Obama's ultraliberal background to suggest he would be remotely capable of this. Sure enough, since his election, this promise of post-partisanship has proven to be boob bait for the gullible.
President Obama's first initiative, the almost $1 trillion supposed "stimulus" bill, was passed on a virtual party-line vote, with almost all of the Democrats and almost none of the Republicans. Obama refused to make any significant concession to any Republican ideas for restoring economic growth. "I won the election," he told them in laughing their proposals down. But that is not what he told the voters to get their support. READ MORE...
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
SON OF A BITCH: DEMOCRAT HARRY REID 'BRIBING' OTHER DEMOCRATS WITH BILLIONS OF YOUR MONEY & YOUR KIDS MONEY FOR A HEALTH CARE BILL NO ONE WANTS! WTF?
MERRY CHRISTMAS! NOW BEND OVER TAXPAYERS.. ('Down Barney, down boy..')
Harry Reid is a dirty 'son of a bitch.' The term 'son of a bitch' is a form of profanity usually used to refer to a man who is nasty, rude or otherwise offensive. Harry Reid is just that and then some... He, like President Obama, want to 'spread the wealth.' Your wealth!
This is NOT a 'healthcare' bill, this is a 2000 page Marxism bill to control your life. Unbelievable..
Liberal democrat politicians like Reid and Pelosi are filthy stinking pigs who should rot in dirty jail cells for the damage they have done and continue to do to the United States of America. They took an oath and disgraced a nation..and they should pay for it...
Harry Reid playing Santa with your money..
We are approaching the eve of Christmas and maybe in that spirit, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid morphed into Santa Claus, giving out presents to the little boys and girls who were naughty and (not so) nice this year.
Of course, he was not using his own money.
America's overused credit card, issued by the Bank of China, may have to be used one more time to pay for Reid's deals. The majority leader traded to help ensure the votes of Sens. Ben Nelson, Mary Landrieu, Chris Dodd, Bernie Sanders and others representing 11 states by giving them special perks for staying on the health care bus that's about to drive us all over the financial cliff.
They may argue they weren't bribed, but they certainly were rewarded. The price was enormous.
Many decades ago when I was getting my start in politics, one of my first mentors was the legendary Democratic speaker of the California Assembly, the late Jesse Unruh. READ MORE...
UPDATE- MERRY CHRISTMAS, THE HEALTH CARE BILL PASSES 60-39. It's a shame the democrats don't realize that about 60% of the American people are against it, so they really ruined their Christmas. We hope those people remember who voted yes for the bill come November 2010. To see what's in the bill, click here. Get ready to be outraged.