Wednesday, March 10, 2010

SISSY NATION: All apologies: State Dep’t spokesman sorry for implying that Qaddafi’s insane UN speech was insane


Via Weasel Zippers, the apology tour continues. In a way, this one makes perfect sense: Once you’ve decided to engage a lunatic diplomatically (and that was Bush’s decision in this case), what choice do you have but to be diplomatic about his lunacy? If pretending that his deranged UN shpiel wasn’t deranged keeps him from building nukes or paying suicide bombers, hey.
The question is, does it?

“I understand that my personal comments were perceived as a personal attack,” Crowley told reporters. “The comments do not reflect U.S. policy and were not intended to offend. I apologize if they were taken that way. I regret that my comments have become an obstacle to further progress in our bilateral relationship."
READ MORE...

No comments:

Post a Comment