Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kanye Extends Olive Branch to George W. Bush


Kanye West is still a dumb celebrity...

Earlier today, former President George W. Bush raised eyebrows when word circulated that he'd called Kanye West's notorious televised attack on him the worst moment of his presidency. Now, Kanye has responded to Bush's statement with empathy and humility. Calling in to the Houston radio station 97.9 The Box this morning (via XXL), Kanye claimed to sympathize with Bush. Here's what he said:

"Well I definitely can understand the way he feels-- to be accused of being a racist in any way. Because the same thing happened to me, you know, where I got accused of being racist. And with both situations, it was basically a lack of compassion that America saw in that situation. With him it was a lack of compassion, with him not rushing-- you know, him taking the time time to rush down to New Orleans. With me, it was a lack of compassion of cutting someone off in their moment. But nonetheless I think we're all quick to pull the race card in America. And now, I'm more open. And the poetic justice that I feel, to have went through the same thing that he went, and now I really more connect with him on a humanitarian level… because the next morning, when he felt that, I felt the same thing."

In other Kanye news, as MTV reports, he'll perform at this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which should be a hoot.

Posted by Tom Breihan on November 3, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least he is man enough to live up to his mistake.

    That is out of reach for the potentate in the white house now.

    ReplyDelete