Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bachmann on ‘12 Run: ‘I’m Committed to Doing Whatever I Can’ to Oust Obama



Appearing on Fox News with Greta Van Susteren on Wednesday night, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-MN) didn’t do much to dispel rumors that she might run for president in 2012. While she didn’t flat out announce a run, she didn’t flat out deny one. Sure, she said she’s “not focused on my own personal ambitions,” but she also said:

I’m very committed to doing whatever I can to make sure that we don’t have a second term for President Obama. So I’m going to add my voice to that conversation in the next two years. . . . [I]t’s not about my personal ambition. But it is about making sure that people know what the issues are, what the principles are, because I think a year from now – I mean, can you imagine two years of speculating about who the nominee will be? . . . It is boring.

Sounds like she’s training.

No comments:

Post a Comment