Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rush: Thank god Obama didn’t visit me in the hospital


POLITICO interviewed Pray at the Pump founder Rocky Twyman Wednesday as he led an "emergency prayer vigil" to encourage peace and harmony between President Barack Obama and Rush Limbaugh. Twyman was upset that Obama didn't visit a hospitalized Limbaugh while in Hawaii so that bipartisanship might be advanced.

The radio talk show host picked up on the video and discussed it on Thursday's program (from the transcript):

"Now, it's interesting that this guy says he hoped Obama showed up at the hospital to say hello," said Limbaugh, referencing Twyman's comments. "I've gotta tell you something, folks. I wasn't even gonna mention this. I'm a little queasy about mentioning it now. But I was hoping he wouldn't. I had as much stress over that as I had over trying to figure out what the chest pains were, 'cause I kept expecting the door of the hospital room to open and the Secret Service guy to come in and say, 'The president would like to come in and say hi.' And you can't turn that down.

"Kathryn said, 'Don't worry, that's never going to happen.' And then a male nurse came in and started joking, unknowing that I was even thinking that — his name is Ray, I think — and he said, 'By the way, a couple Secret Service agents are out there surveying the place, looks like Obama might want to come by for lunch.' I said, 'Oh no! No, no, no.' And he started laughing. He was just kidding. Can you imagine if that had happened? I might have had a real heart attack [laughing]. Kathryn said, 'Don't worry, that's not going to happen. They're not going to come over here, not going to act like you even exist; they won't do that.'

"But here's Rocky Twyman out there actually suggesting that President Obama and I stop fighting. Not President Obama and the Republicans, not President Obama and Mitch McConnell or President Obama and John Boehner. No. President Obama and Rush Limbaugh. ... You know, one of the reasons (I'm sure the main reason, folks) that Obama decided not to visit me in the hospital is that he thought he would heal me, and he didn't want that to happen. That has to be the reason."

No comments:

Post a Comment