Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Video: Coakley associate shoves Weekly Standard reporter; Update: Photo of assailant


What is it about my friend John McCormack and campaign panic? He’s actually one of the nicest, mild-mannered people you’d ever want to meet, and yet for the second time in three months, John finds himself at the center of controversy. But at least with Dede Scozzafava, she didn’t have campaign thugs rough him up:

After Coakley finished her answer, she began walking away from the restaurant, and I walked behind her asking why health care industry lobbyists were supporting her at the fundraiser. She didn’t reply.

As I walked down the street, a man who appeared to be associated with the Coakley campaign pushed me into a freestanding metal railing. I ended up on the sidewalk. I was fine. He helped me up from the ground, but kept pushing up against me, blocking my path toward Coakley down the street.

He asked if I was with the media, and I told him I work for THE WEEKLY STANDARD. When I asked him who he worked for he replied, “I work for me.” He demanded to see my credentials, and even though it was a public street, I showed them to him READ MORE...

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO OF ASSAILANT

No comments:

Post a Comment