Friday, July 23, 2010

Tucker Carlson On Keith Olbermann: 'The Most Disliked Person At MSNBC. I Feel Sorry For Him'


Tucker Carlson and his site Daily Caller have been having fun with their new acquisition, KeithOlbermann.com.

We talked to Tucker in a podcast about the reason for buying the site – but he also unleashed personally on the top-rated MSNBC host and former colleague. And Jon Klein. And Eliot Spitzer…
Tucker explained to Mediaite why he bought the site. “The opportunity to acquire KeithOlbermann.com arose and we felt it was a market niche which we could enter and dominate and it would be a public service so we did it,” he said. “Plus it’s amusing as hell.”

Carlson now uses the email address Keith@KeithOlbermann.com, and he says The Daily Caller will begin to give away @KeithOlbermann.com email addresses to their readers. Keith Olbermann has hinted at legal action – it’s something Carlson knows about since he bought his domain back from a squatter in 2008. “My domain name tuckercarlson.com, was being held by a squatter whose intent and purpose was to raise money from me, to extort money from me, to shake me down, to sell my address back to me,” said Carlson, who says this situation is different, and he will not be selling it because “it’s worth more than money.” The site plans to “defend ourselves vigorously.”

Now, about Keith specifically. Here are some comments from our discussion, but you can listen to all of it below:

I’ve heard a lot from MSNBC, from friends of mine who work there who despise Keith. I’ve always had kind of a soft spot for Keith because I feel sorry for him because of his various phobias. He won’t drive a car. He’s obviously a sad guy, in elastic-band jeans…

A lot of people there, as you well know, since you’ve reported on it for years, really hate Keith Olbermann because he’s cruel to people who work for him. A lot of those people have emailed me with joy, jubilation in their voices, in their email. Letters of congratulations, just thank you for doing this finally…

He’s despised at MSNBC…I’m not saying every person at MSNBC despises him but I would say he’s the most disliked person in the building by a factor of 10, and I would dare anybody who’s worked there to look me right in the eye and deny that…I don’t have any malice toward Olbermann. I feel sorry for him.

Well. We’ve reached out several times to MSNBC for comment.

We also asked Carlson about CNN’s recent prime time moves:

I think it’s great. I think it’s probably too late to work but I hope it does. I certainly wish them well. It’s amazing that Jon Klein still has a job. That’s amazing to me. But there’s a lot of good people at CNN. I’m glad to see debate make a comeback.

Of Eliot Spitzer: “The worst Attorney General, probably, in the history of the world.”

Let’s get to it: here’s the Olbermann part of the interview, and below, listen to the whole thing:

No comments:

Post a Comment