Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Black Conservative Supports Glenn Beck Rally


By Lloyd Marcus- Alleged civil rights leaders, including Rev. Al Sharpton and NAACP President Benjamin Jealous, are having a cow because Glenn Beck had the audacity to schedule his "Restoring Honor" rally on August 28th on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. It is the same date and location of Dr. Martin Luther King's famous "I Have a Dream" speech 47 years ago.

These are the same hypocritical so-called black leaders who demanded that white America honor the memory of the civil rights icon with MLK Boulevards across America. But when a "white boy" chooses to embrace Dr. King's vision and dream by holding his "Restoring Honor" rally on the same day as Dr. King's historic speech, the Black Civil Rights Mafia, the race profiteers, yell, "How dare you? MLK belongs to us!"


I am a black American who wishes to thank brother Beck for honoring Dr. King in such a powerful way. Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally is linking the restoration of our great nation's Godly principles, freedom, liberty, and culture to the black civil rights leader. Beck's rally is a wonderful tribute to the man I remember, when I was a little boy, as being larger than life. I was there, August 28, 1963, in Washington, D.C. with my dad -- yellow school buses lined up and black people as far as I could see. I do not remember feeling hate in the air. Dr. King spoke of all Americans yielding to God, righteousness, and brotherhood. Sounds like Beck to me.

MLK was amazing: incredibly articulate, dignified, strong, powerful, and bold. And yet, he was also warm, calm, and confident. To say I was in awe of him is an understatement. As a little black kid, I proudly viewed MLK as our Black Moses, leading us, by God's grace and guidance, to God's Promised Land of Brotherhood and Freedom in America.

1 comment: